Wisconsin Livestock Identification Consortium (WLIC) is a private non-profit organization working to protect animal health and prevent the spread of disease through livestock and premises identification and traceability.
WLIC Protects Wisconsin. We:
- Host and maintain the state premises ID database.
- Provide the 'insurance' to protect the food supply chain and all livestock raised in Wisconsin.
- Promote the 'Wisconsin-Origin' livestock label.
- Share vital information in the case of disease outbreak.
- Sponsor educational programs about traceability.
- Support the Wisconsin State Fair and County Fairs through the DNA Fair Program.
- Provide information and support on best safety practices.
- Foster cooperation and understanding across all agriculture industries.
WLIC in Action:
- In 2013, WLIC helped keep the swine industry safe after the outbreak of PEDv.
- In 2015, WLIC helped keep the poultry industry safe after the Avian Flu outbreak.